Small Claims Court Services

Enforcement of Judgment Before Small Claims Courts

A party may enforce Small Claims Court Judgment either by way of garnishment or writ of sale and seizure. The judgment debtor may be summoned to the Small Claims Court Examination of Judgment Debtor to answer the questions about the income and assets available to pay the judgment. The judgment creditor can make a motion for contempt of the court, where the judgment creditor fails to attend the judgment.

Further, the Small Claims Court has jurisdiction to enforce court and tribunal judgments under $10,000 issued by courts in other Canadian provinces, as well as foreign judgments.

Please contact the lawyer to discuss your judgment enforcement options.